We are looking for a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Nursery Practitioner, to join our friendly staff team on a full time basis.
We care for up to 25 children aged from the age of 2 to 4 years each day & are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (with the exception of Bank Holidays & one week at Christmas). Staff work a variety of shifts.
We have a friendly family atmosphere, with strong relationships between the children’s home life & nursery at the heart of our provision. Children’s early experience of living things is important to us. We have nursery pets and fantastic outdoor play areas that are a high focus in our daily provision. The setting was judged as outstanding at our last Ofsted inspection.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Meeting the children’s individual needs through planning, preparing activities, offering opportunities and reviewing the curriculum in relation to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidance.
- Offering all children equal opportunities
- Ensuring that children are kept safe and following safeguarding procedures when necessary.
- Having key person responsibilities and keeping accurate developmental records and observations
- Managing children’s behaviour in a positive manner
- Building relationships and working in partnership with the parents/families, to share children’s progress with their families and plan for progress.
- Following the policies and procedures set out by the nursery
- Working as part of a small team, as well as liaising with outside agencies as necessary (area SENCO’S – special educational needs co-ordinators, early years advisors, health professionals, children’s centres etc.)
- Contributing to the development of the service.
- Undertaking a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensuring confidentiality at all times
This is not an exhaustive list of duties.
The nursery is committed to the continued professional development of their staff through training opportunities, mentoring and support.
- A genuine passion to provide high quality childcare, enthusiasm and energy for working with children
- NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification (or equivalent).
- A sound understanding of the EYFS
- Good communication skills, with a high standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of working with the under 5’s (experience gained during training is acceptable)
- No criminal record
Experience beyond training is desirable but not essential
Please contact Mel, or Vikki for further details
Phone: 020 8399 7347
Child’s Play Nursery is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and a minimum of two references will be requested and validated.